LOOKING FOR BBDish, Season 10-15 and beyond??
Click Here to Get there ;)



BB9Dish is Watching - Are you?
Winner
Scroll Down to View the Most Recent Posts


COOL BB STUFF:
Big Brother 9 Auctions, BB9 Furniture
The Most STUNNING BB Alumni Pics You'll Ever See... by TheRealDeal
Adam on Ebay, Sheila on Ebay, Joshuah on eBay, Sharon on EBay
Natalie on EBay, Matty on EBay, Alex on Ebay, Amanda on Ebay
BB9Dish Quickie Poll Results, Awesome Pics from the Feeds!, BB9Dish Mugs, T-Shirts, Etc., , Big Brother DVDs,
Howie & Jerzeechik's All-Star Ebay Stuff, Cool BB9 T-Shirts & More, Big Brother 8 Stuff on Ebay
Big Brother All-Stars- Download it at iTunes



BB9Dish - Ya Gotta Have it!

The DishChicks are back and ready to blog Big Brother 9!!
At bb9dish, we cover the Big Brother Live Feeds, so much of what we write could be considered a spoiler for those who only watch the broadcast on CBS. Now, we don't understand why anyone would choose to do that, since it's like forming an opinion based on 1/10,000th of the information, and they could at least try the feeds for free, but what do we know?! Check bb9dish often for Updates, videos, pics, chops, opinions, etc. xoxo, C-n-C

Big Brother 9 is On!
Let the mind games begin!!

Google

Monday, March 24, 2008

Interview with BB9 Alex Coladonato

I had the chance to catch up with BB9's Alex Coladonato on Sunday night, and even managed to maintain my composure... somewhat. ;) Alex pulled no punches. I hope you enjoy reading this interview as much as I enjoyed doing it.

Just to let everyone know right off the bat, yes, Alex will be putting things up on ebay for the fans, and a portion of the proceeds will be going to his father's 9-11 foundation. As soon as that happens, I'll letcha know!

Also, new versions of his clothing line will be launching very soon on www.tackygarb.com.

Now, on with the interview.

As with all interviews and posts on bb9dish, copying and pasting to other sites and forums is not allowed. You are, however, quite welcome to link to the interview.

Here's the direct url:
http://bb9dish.blogspot.com/2008/03/interview-with-bb9-alex-coladonato.html

BB9Dish-Carolyn: Hi Alex.
Alex: Heyy... How are you, Carolyn?
Carolyn: I'm great. Thanks for asking. How're you doing?
Alex: I'm doing pretty good.
Carolyn: How was your vacation in Aruba?
Alex: Amazing. It was nice to be in such a beautiful place with my friends. I didn't think I would be recognized, but the second day, I was in the main Aruba newspaper. So I didn't get to lay as low as I wanted to but it was still an amazing experience.

BB9Dish-Carolyn: Sounds wonderful. :) Being released from purgatory and into paradise. Where were you sequestered anyway?
Alex: I can't say exactly where. But it was in California somewhere really, really, really hot. You might be able to figure it out.

Carolyn: From the look of the backyard, I would've guessed Palm Springs. How does it feel to finally be back home?
Alex: I'm glad to be home, and the positive reactions have been overwhelming. Of course, I would like to be in the house, but I'm actually glad I'm not on the jury.

Carolyn: Why are you glad to not be on the jury?
Alex: Because, to be honest with you, I feel that everyone in that house, except Adam, is fake. I wouldn't want to have to choose between the lesser of 2 evils to give someone a half a million dollars.

Carolyn: Still, if you had to pick 2 of the current HGs to BE the final 2, who would you choose?
Alex: Adam and Natalie.

Carolyn: Really? How come?
Alex: Adam, like I said, is the nicest guy in the house. He is real, which I take very seriously. Plus Baller is a hometown boy... NY/NJ.

BB9Dish-Carolyn: And why Natalie?
Alex: Natalie... because she was the only person who was true to her partner. No matter what, she was there for Matt.... which I wish I could say about my partner.

Carolyn: Speaking of Natalie and Matt... when you were up against them, I wondered why you didn't bring out Hummergate as a means to save yourself.

    Carolyn: ...imagining you asking johnny, "wtf is hummergate?"
    Alex: You nailed it... I did just ask him. lol
Alex: I gave my word to Matty that I wouldn't say anything. In hindsight, it wasn't a great game play at all. But in reality, I came out the better person in life to America, so it's kind of a double edged sword.

Carolyn: Agreed.. but as a fan, boy, I just wanted to you to use everything at your disposal, brotherhood be damned. Any regrets, Alex?

Alex: Just not campaigning, I guess... and putting up Parker and Jen for eviction... I should have put up James and Chelsia from day one... I think you would see all of my alliance still in the house right now, which by the way, I think the most entertaining people and best players left early... sucks for the show.... but def no regrets for the game itself... it was a great experience... right now I'm just glad I'm home.

BB9Dish-Carolyn: It sounds like you blame yourself for the downfall of your alliance...
Alex: Well, if I would've gone with my gut feeling, Parker and Jen would have never gone up on the block. It still would've been Allison & Ryan and James & Chelsia.


Alex: But Carolyn, I promise if I ever get a second shot at this game you will see the game-plan that I had in place. I apologized to Johnny when I got home... I wanted to win this game.

Carolyn: Why did you apologize to Johnny? Did you feel guilty since you'd been chosen?
Alex: It wasn't so much of feeling guilty. It was more that he was the reason why I went, and I felt he wanted it more than me going to the first audition, but from there I wanted to do it for me, but even more for him and my family.

Carolyn: So, if asked, you'd definitely welcome the chance to play Big Brother again?
Alex: In a heartbeat... tomorrow... an hour from now, or 5 mins from now... I'm there. Johnny's butting in...

Johnny: And if he doesn't, you bet your ass I'll be on before I'm 50. lol.
BB9Dish-Carolyn: Johnny.. Can I interview Alex all about you while you're in the house? ;)
Johnny: Go for it... Let's see if he has any good things to say. lol.

Carolyn: Alex, did they tell you why you were being sequestered?
Alex: All they said was there could be an opportunity to get back in the house.

Carolyn: So you endured... Had the HGs selected the mystery box, who were you planning to align yourself with?
Alex: I would've made like I was back with Matty, but the first chance I got, I would have backdoored him. I would have aligned with Josh most likely, I think that would have shocked a few people.

Carolyn: Indeed... The week of voting, all the naysayers said that all you'd do was hook back up with the Bro-lliance... Personally, I didn't care who you hooked up with, I just wanted you back in.
Alex: Well thanks for that.

Carolyn: Pleasure. Are you maintaining friendships with any of the HGs who've already been evicted?
Alex: Yes, I speak to Jen and Parker quite often.

BB9Dish-Carolyn: Ok... The touching.. did you or didn't you?
Alex: Did I try and make a move on her? Yes. Did I ever touch anything on her? No... and for the record, she was NOT sleeping. It's really sad that she went there, but as long as America knows the truth, its fine.

Carolyn: Knowing what you now know, what would you have done differently in the house.. to keep yourself there longer?
Alex: Obviously, campaign for myself. I didn't realize that I could have campaigned for myself without bad mouthing Matty. I really wish you would've had a chance to see the hardcore NY side of Alex because it would've been crazy.

Carolyn: I wish I'd seen that side of you too. Johnny can tell you... lol.. I was yelling at you from my blog to do just that. So, are you planning on watching the rest of the season, or are you done?
Alex: I might catch up with it when I have time, but will I make it a drop everything to catch an episode type thing? No.

Carolyn: But you'll be back for the finale?
Alex: I will most certainly be back... and If given the chance... I'll have a few choice words.

Carolyn: For whom? Grodner? Amanda? Someone else?
Alex: Words for America... nothing nasty... I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart live on TV... it will be cute....
Carolyn: Awww. That's really sweet.
Alex: Got a few things planned.

Carolyn: There's a reason you're America's Sweetheart now... Speaking of the fans... in years past, a lot of the HGs have put things up for sale on Ebay. Are you planning on going that route?
Alex: Stay tuned.... All my shirts that I wore on the show will be going up for sale, signed by me, and a percentage of all sales will go to my father's 9-11 foundation.

Carolyn: Excellent... on both counts. I was reading your blog on myspace earlier today, and I saw how much good you do through the foundation.
Alex: Thank you... It is very important to me.

Carolyn: Thank you for doing this interview, Alex.
Alex: Thanks so much again, Carolyn. Anytime you want an interview, I'm here. And thank you America. I promise I'm not going anywhere, and I will make America's votes count in some way shape or form.

Carolyn: Such a doll.. I knew it. :) Thanks again, Alex. Thanks, Johnny. The two of you are terrific. G'nite boys. :)
Alex: Good night.

Labels:



Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Add to Technorati Faves
Click here to return to the top of the blog




44 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This made me smile, he's a stand up guy.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Lissy said...

Carolyn,
That was a great interview. Thank you. Thanks to Alex too. I teared up a little as well. I really wanted to see Alex come back!

There are some decent people in this world.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who the heck is johnny?

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww... he is so damn adorable, even just reading his words. I am in love.......... GREAT JOB!!!!!!
Thank you carolyn you made my day!!
melissa ,pa

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous!!

Great interview!!! :-)

9:07 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

lauren - Johnny is Alex's best friend - i interviewed him about Alex just before the season began... here's the link: Interview with Johnny.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex is just all around incredible! Love it!!
Wonderful interview Carolyn!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope they get him and his friend johnny in the house for next season! they could be the new chill town....

9:20 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

You know a lot of folks said Alex was a controlling man where Amanda was concerned, and I just didn't see it. I also didn't see him touching her innapropriatly without her consent. I do believe Amanda was a "dick tease" however.
I liked, her, but if the shoe fits...

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think he could get into another season apart from All-Stars, which we'd have to wait a while for (sadly) Sigh, I love Alex.

Thanks for this interview! It was great, and you know...he did say you could interview him whenever you wanted...ahem. hahah :)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great interview!! and i was right about palm springs too!

-kat

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww..........I am all teary eyed as well. LOVE him and am so happy I was one of his million fans who voted him back. He really appreciated it. What a guy!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thanks for the great interview Carolyn and Alex. Don't y'all know this was the most anticipated interview of the season.

Alex is a true sweetheart and I sincerely wish him the best in life. Yes he did get a bum deal on the show, but he's taking it in stride and moving on. Lovely!

Out of all the HG's Alex is still the only one I've dreamed about. No, it wasn't naughty it was simply us talking on the phone about the show. I swear!!! No really I mean it!!!

;)

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Alex in the house and loved your interview. Thanks so much.

It's great that you asked Alex about the touching incident and he got a chance to tell his side. I liked Amanda too, when she wasn't bad mouthing Alex, and hope she apologized to him for the things she said. Alex was always so honest in the house - much moreso than anyone else - that I believe he is being honest about what happened with Amanda. I really hope she apologized to him.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Beth (and Eric) said...

Exactly. What a doll and a stand-up guy... they never make it to the end anyway in the BB game... Thanks a TON for the interview Carolyn. I'm super jealous! ;) xoxo

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good interview. I like alex but what i cant understand is why so many middle aged women were overly obessed about him? Yes he's attractive, yes he's nice but what exactly got old women weak in the knees?

Every where I go on a big brother site there is some old broad going crazy for him??

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved it when Alex talked about Adam being a NJ/NY hometown Guy!!!! I am from NJ and we gotta stick with that NY/NJ alliance before anything.
Too bad he didn't get back in the house and we are (temporarily) stuck with James....GO ALEX and R.I.P. for your dad and all the 9/11 victims.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Pyke said...

I told ya that he would appear to be aligned with Matt and really align with Josh/Sharon. No one listened to me.

I do, however, think he didn't even consider Sharon instead of Natalie in the 'loyal to your partner' deal.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good interview carolyn!!!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That made my heart melt. He's such a sweetheart.

10:28 AM  
Blogger dawnie said...

is he looking for a wife?? ;) hahaha great interview.. i hope he gets on another season of big brother!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Moni said...

Good morning, Carolyn. Great job as always!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Tella @TellaKG said...

Great interview. He was my favorite from start... but like Nick last year... decensy doesn't get you anywhere in this game. You have to backstab and 'work' people.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview! I wanted him to come back so bad :( Hopefully we will see him again

11:02 AM  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Alex sounds like a nice guy but his game plan was flawed. I think when they mentioned soulmates and playing with a partner, he was looking for romance instead of keeping his head in the game. Once Amanda let him know she wasn't interested, he was down for the count.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon @ 9:56 - Afraid your desire and hope that Amanda apologized to Alex didn't happen. In fact, she did quite the opposite.

In Carolyn's interview with Amanda, her response to Carolyn's question about whether she wanted to clear up anything about that situation, Amanda said she couldn't talk about it, she didn't want to say anything "bad" about Alex, and that Alex knew what he did. That response, in my mind, says volumes of "bad" things about Alex without actually saying anything "bad." Clever girl.

If Alex's version is true, then Amanda is as delusional as Natalie is about Mattie's feelings for her.

All I will say is that I am more inclined to believe Alex, based soley on the way the two comported themselves while in the BB House. As they say, "actions speak louder than words."

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Alex & so sad he didn't get back into the house!! But... Kinda uoset that he said he would have backdoored Matty! The boys could have taken over the house... and James would have been gone already!!!!!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex was so right when he said all the good players left the game early!! My final four would have been Alex, Matty, Natt & Adam!

11:42 AM  
Blogger mikeinbama said...

Alex was a weak player. He would have been just like Adam, scared to make a decision.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Tella @TellaKG said...

Anon 10.10

Middle aged women? Ouch, that hurts. ;-) I guess being 45 makes me one... almost. I don't know if he makes me weak in the knees. He doesn't have the yummilicous body of sexy Nick (BB8) but his eyes, his decensy and sweetness sure are attractive.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Shamrock said...

In no way was I an Amanda fan, and at first I felt pretty bad for Alex being paired with her, but the way Alex treated her made me lose complete respect for him.

Also, Alex's "game" was non-existant. He seems like a bright guy, but he had no clue how to work this game. Being coupled up is not an excuse, as BB does something every year to frustrate player's orchestrated game play.

He sure talks a lot of game after the fact, but he had none in the house. The gals all might think he's good looking, but he's boring as they come.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ron in Co - thanks for letting me know about Carolyn's interview with Amanda. Ouch, given what
Amanda said I can see why Alex is reluctant to be too friendly to her. Odd that something like this could happen in a place with dozens of cameras filming everything. The bottom line for me is if Alex had truly done what Amanda said he did, I believe he would have been kicked out of the house. Plus he was always honest about making a move on her. I think she took some of the things he said to her about not having relationships as rejection and made the accusations after she thought he rejected her. They had terrible communication but I believe his side of the story.

12:57 PM  
Blogger ReporterX said...

Great interview Carolyn...

Thanks Alex!! (America's Sweetheart nice title)

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex was like a deer in headlights when it came to strategy. He had a great opportunity to make big moves in the game as the first HoH, but he was afraid of being a target and went with what people whispered in his ear.

To be fair to the guy though, none of us have been in that game situation, so we are in no position to judge. Evel Dick himself said that it's very different watching and actually being in the game. It all seems so clear when you have hindsight on your side, but you get caught in the moment and make decisions. In Alex's case, they hurt him.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

**** Ok, so I'm ROFLMAO, and I had to share a giggle. When I read the interview, I too wondered who "Johnny" was, and figured it would be answered in the comments before I got around to asking, which it has been. But I get to the comment "Who's Johnny?" and all I heard was Julie Brown saying (at the end of "The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun") .... "I did it for Johnny!" "Johnny? Johnny? Like ... who's Johnny?"

Sorry .... back to "reality" soon enough! LOL

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent interview.. What a sweeheart.....but it wasn't Palm Springs...It was 5 miles from my house in So. Cal....Not far from the Studio.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Great interview, Carolyn!! I didn't have the feeds when Alex was in the house but I can see the real person he is coming through in what he says.

Oh... I was the one who linked this interview in a thread on realitybbq (I'm kmteach over there) and I would never have simply cut & paste it, I have too much respect for all the hard work you put into this site, I don't know how you do it!! I work about 55 - 60 hours myself so I can't imagine fitting in blogging something as labor intensive as BB9 too.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Doc Rocket said...

Ahhh...this just made my night! What a sweetie!!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

: ) this made me smile!

thanks for posting this = ]
uber thanks.


p.s. i have a stupid question,
is allison grodner? an executive producer of big brother? every at the end of the show.. isee "allison grodner" executive producer or i was mistaken it for something else? pls tell me carolyn ... thnx

---jemie

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yayyyy! Yayayay! This made me so happy! I love Alex :D Thanks Carolyn, you're awesome!

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im surprised that given the chance he would aliend himself up with Josh and not Adam when during the interview he said Adam was the most honest and how about Matty what did he do to Alex to dump on him

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love both Alex and Amanda , I just hope they worked things out and be friends, both of them bad mouth each other more so of Alex about Amanda to the other hgs, they see that Alex don't have any respect on Amanda and talking bad about Amanda behind her back , there was even time in the Jacuzi when he was bad mouthing Amanda to the hgs around that Matt told him "Stop bashing your partner".

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Shamrock ..Alex had no game whatsoever .. Who cares about Matt .. you came to the show to play for yourself ..

Having a partner should've made it easier, but unfortunately his was an idiot ..He also let his feelings for her get in his way, which was extremely stupid .. He knew the broad for 2 weeks .. Come ON!!

Don't hate on Matt or James because they had a better game plan ..

Overall, I do like Alex, but he is way too nice of a guy for a dirty game like BB>

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to reiterate my comment from another section.

BIG BROTHER PRODUCERS --> Give us a new Big Brother; I want to see Early Evictees vs. Newbies. Bring Alex back, we voted for him and you let James back in the house instead, America deserves to get what they want!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home