LOOKING FOR BBDish, Season 10-15 and beyond??
Click Here to Get there ;)



BB9Dish is Watching - Are you?
Winner
Scroll Down to View the Most Recent Posts


COOL BB STUFF:
Big Brother 9 Auctions, BB9 Furniture
The Most STUNNING BB Alumni Pics You'll Ever See... by TheRealDeal
Adam on Ebay, Sheila on Ebay, Joshuah on eBay, Sharon on EBay
Natalie on EBay, Matty on EBay, Alex on Ebay, Amanda on Ebay
BB9Dish Quickie Poll Results, Awesome Pics from the Feeds!, BB9Dish Mugs, T-Shirts, Etc., , Big Brother DVDs,
Howie & Jerzeechik's All-Star Ebay Stuff, Cool BB9 T-Shirts & More, Big Brother 8 Stuff on Ebay
Big Brother All-Stars- Download it at iTunes



BB9Dish - Ya Gotta Have it!

The DishChicks are back and ready to blog Big Brother 9!!
At bb9dish, we cover the Big Brother Live Feeds, so much of what we write could be considered a spoiler for those who only watch the broadcast on CBS. Now, we don't understand why anyone would choose to do that, since it's like forming an opinion based on 1/10,000th of the information, and they could at least try the feeds for free, but what do we know?! Check bb9dish often for Updates, videos, pics, chops, opinions, etc. xoxo, C-n-C

Big Brother 9 is On!
Let the mind games begin!!

Google

Saturday, February 09, 2008

A BB9Dish Exclusive Interview with
Big Brother 9 Alex Coladonato's Best Friend Johnny

This morning, I had the opportunity to sit down and chat with Big Brother 9 Houseguest Alex Coladonato's best friend, Johnny, and boy did he dish on absolutely everything! Enjoy!

If you would like to link directly to this interview, here's the url:
http://bb9dish.blogspot.com/2008/02/bb9dish-exclusive-interview-with-big.html

Carolyn: First off, I have to say thank you for doing this. And at 9:30am on a Saturday morning. Now that's devotion. How long have you and Alex known each other?
John: Wow, it's got to be over 7 years now.

Carolyn: 7 years... That would make it just before 9-11. Ouch. You've been through some rough times with Alex.

John: I actually met Alex about a week or 2 after 9-11. It was something I think made me see how great of a person Alex is right off the bat. How he handled the situation and how he was trying to be strong for everyone else around him.

Carolyn: I can't even imagine.
John: My uncle worked for the same company as his father, and my uncle did not go into work that day. He lost every one of his friends... its a weird connection when you think about it.

Carolyn: Thank goodness your uncle didn't go in. Your family must have felt so blessed... Did you meet because of the business you now have together?
John: Well we don't have a business together. I used to work with him at his company E-squared Productions (e2dj.com). But no, we met our freshman year of college at St. John's University. Recently I became Alex's manager to try and help do 2 things. One of which is expand his production company to other parts of the USA. His time on Big Brother will surely help that. And also to explore other opportunities for him after the show because he is very talented. I can tell all the young girls out there hoping to have a Super Sweet 16... theres no one better in the world than Alex to take care of every aspect of your affair.

Carolyn: I read in Alex's bio that he didn't really develop a relationship with his dad till his teen years. To lose him so soon after is just so tragic... and all the more touching that he's dedicating so much to him now.
John: That's actually not true at all. I was shocked when I saw CBS put that. Alex's dad was always in his life... his parents were just divorced.

Carolyn: Oooh.. hm. I wonder why they did that. How irresponsible.
John: I'm glad I can clear that up for your readers though.

Carolyn: Me too! Are you guys both fans of the show?
John: Oh yes. Big fans. It's really funny how this all happened...

Carolyn: Tell! Tell!
John: I consider myself (very humble of course) to be the best player to never play this game.

Carolyn: hehe! I'd be careful with a statement like that. In reality world, that generally means first player out the door - or off the island.
John: haha. I know it inside out... I understand that we all play this game everyday. Whether it be at work to try and get ahead... at home ... with your significant other. Big Brother is just society under a microscope.

Carolyn: I like you analogy. For the unfamiliar, I tend to describe it as "Survivor in a Box."
John: I tried out for season 6 of the show. Had a great interview, they loved me. Obviously, I didn't make it on. I realized back then that they cared more about your look and appeal than what you had to bring to the table.

Carolyn: Still you persevered.
John: So this summer I tried real hard to get Alex to come to the season 9 auditions.

Carolyn: aha
John: He really was tentative, didn't want to leave his business. But I tried to explain this could help him more than anything and open up new doors. I promised him they would love him.

Carolyn: what's not to love?
John: Well we go to the audition in Brooklyn NY, in this tiny tiny bar. The casting people come in and immediately tell Alex to skip the line and interview first. He hated me, because I'm always right, but ever since then he went from "ehhh" to "I really want this." So to answer your questions... Yes, we're both die hard fans of the show.

Carolyn: Wow.. very cool. So, did you ever think of auditioning again after season 6... From the sound of it, you had America's Player written all over you.
John: Yes, I wanted to audition every year. Just so happened that season 9 was the right time to do it again. I plan on auditioning for season 10 too, but I doubt I have a chance now with Alex on the show. haha.

Carolyn: Mmm.. Yeah.. You're probably right about that.
John: I did train Alex in the art of Johnny's game plan though. Hopefully he follows it.

Carolyn: And what, pray tell, is the Art of Johnny's game play - so we know what to look out for.
John: Well the twist this year could interfere with it.

Carolyn: Big time.
John: But the plan was this. He was going to grab one person. Someone no one expected him to pair with. According to Alex it was going to be a guy from Boston because of the whole NY/Boston rivalry. (Expect him to try and align with Mat) Then each of them would grab one other person. This would essentially be the 4. But Alex and his person and Boston and his person would then split apart. Each grab 2 other people and pretend to each of their groups that they are the final 4. I call this the tree branch effect.

Carolyn: Oooh. Very clever.
John: So Alex could then sit at the top and decide which way to go every week. First getting rid of the people not involved, obviously. And then dangling from side to side... knowing that the only person hes true to is Boston.

Carolyn: It sounds great. I wonder how long it would actually work, before he got Nick'ed... busted for playing all sides.
John: Well technically he wouldn't be Nick because look at someone like Matt's personality... He's going to draw all the negative attention. It's both of their scheme, but Alex is much less out there.

Carolyn: Gotcha. I'll definitely be on the lookout for a Matt/Alex Alliance. We all will.
John: Yea so will I.

Carolyn: hehe... you're gonna be watching the feeds from a Mr. Miyagi point of view...
John: I'm probably going to get fired from my job because for the next 3 months my life is going to be Big Brother.

Carolyn: We can all relate to that.
John: Alex joked that I'm going to have to buy a new television because I'll be screaming at him the whole time, "what the hell are you doing Alex"?!

Carolyn: Tell me you're not planning to only watch on tv! omg.. It's only 10% of the show.
John: Oh no... but the TV is the biggest target to throw something at. haha. I will have the live feeds.

Carolyn: ok. lol. Just making sure. I have trouble imagining anyone who's really into Big Brother only watching the tv show.
John: It's not possible.
Carolyn: Agreed. 100%.

Carolyn: OK.. Ya know how every season, each house guest fills a role? The slut, the bitch, the hunk, the dweeb, the cook, etc., etc. What's Alex's role?
John: To be honest, he may fill all of them at one point or another.

Carolyn: Excellent. A chameleon
John: He's definitely going to be working the Showmance angle a lot. But he loves to cook, he loves to entertain... He will be evil at some points, trust me.

Carolyn: I love a good showmance...
John: The last thing I said to him before he left was, "This is only a game. Don't let emotion interfere with what you have to do,"

Carolyn: But do you think he'll be able to keep his heart out of the equation? It's a long season, and every day feels like a year.
John: Well, Alex has such a huge heart. I'm hoping he can avoid that, but you never know. He has to stay focused, otherwise he could end up falling for someone.

Carolyn: In terms of relationships on fast forward, the Big Brother House feels like Summer Camp for Grown ups... It's such an intense amount of time together.
John: Agree 100%, but thats going to help him too.

Carolyn: How so?
John: His biggest strength is his likability factor. People just want to like him. And in that intense environment, it's going to happen... maybe even the first week.

Carolyn: I predict women fighting over him. But maybe not with the whole soul mates twist element. We'll see.
John: Well Carolyn... I think his soulmate could end up hurting his game... I have a feeling its Jen. And we all know by now Jen and Ryan are together.

Carolyn: True. Does Alex have an ex in the house too?
John: No, he doesn't. We feared there would be one. But looks like she didn't cut the mustard. lol.
Carolyn: Phew.
John: Alex is 100% alone in the house.

Carolyn: Good to know. He's a free man... apart from the twist. Still, the whole Jen/Ryan thing... it doesn't seem terribly fair to the guests who came in solo. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I can't believe they'd give the two of them such an advantage without throwing in something to gum up the works a bit. It's too early to even speculate, really... we have to wait till we know how the pairings are going to work. They've said they can be evicted together, but they've also said it will be a full season. The numbers don't add up. Time will tell.
John: My theory is that CBS is leaving the option open to make it a short season if the ratings aren't good. But assuming they are great, the couples twist will end after week 2 leaving 12 in the house, the same as last year after week 2.

Carolyn: Interesting theory on the ratings option out, but real just opened the 3 month deal for the feeds, and I can't see them doing that if a full season wasn't guaranteed. But the rest of it makes great sense.
John: Ya, I think it will be a full season.

Carolyn: Johnny - I think we've covered a ton of ground here, especially for a 1st interview that's happening before the show even starts. Is there anything else about Alex you'd like to add? Anything you feel we all must know?
John: Well I just want everyone to know that Alex is a great person, and I'm not just saying that because I'm his friend. America will fall in love with him, his personality, and his blunt honesty. Let's help him out during the America's choice votes.

Carolyn: Let's hope there is some version of that this season! Not America's Player, obviously, but some interactivity. It was fun to participate.

John: I also want to take this time to thank an up and coming clothing line that's coming out.
Carolyn: Oh.. please do.
John: Alex bought some shirts from them before he left for the show and they are really, really cool. You will see him wearing them on the show and I'll be sure to point them out when he does. They are now expanding to online sales so when the site is up it will be www.TackyGarb.com

Carolyn: hehehe. I love the name!
John: Please, all big brother fans, once it's up, support a great group of people who have been Big Brother supporters.
Carolyn: With Pleasure.
Carolyn: Once the site goes active, you'll find the link in the left sidebar of the blog under the heading "Want Alex's Tshirts?"

    ***Dear BB9Dish Readers, I just checked, and it's not active as of February 9th 2008. I'll pop the link on the sidebar when it is.
John: Awesome... I'll let you know when they go live.
Carolyn: Sweet.

Carolyn: Thanks so much for talking with me this morning, Johnny. We've learned a ton about Alex!! And it's all because of you.
John: Thank you for being professional, Carolyn. I'm sure we will talk again many times during the season. And I'll be sure to send some other close members of Alex's family and friends your way as well.

Carolyn: (sigh) I still can't believe they said he'd had no relationship with his dad...
John: yep

Carolyn: Anyway... Thank you! Have a gorgeous weekend, Johnny. Go spend some time with the friends and family you'll be ignoring for the next 3 months.
John: haha. Thanks again. Have a great weekend as well.

Labels:



Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Add to Technorati Faves
Click here to return to the top of the blog




28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview. That guy you were talking to was great. And really hott too wow! lol wink wink

7:32 PM  
Blogger Seffie said...

I haven't read the interview,l yet, Carolyn. I just HAD to write right away and say THANK YOU! I'm so excited since Alex is my fav to this point! I'll get back to you after I read it.
:)

7:39 PM  
Blogger Beth (and Eric) said...

Funny that Alex's best friend sounded like America's Player... when I read Alex's bio about planning parties in NYC, I thought of Eric too! Should be interesting...

THANKS AGAIN CAROLYN! You are the best!!! What a full & awesome interview. :)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Beth (and Eric) said...

That's a long last name he has... SO funny that it includes "donato"!!! Maybe that'll be good luck for him.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Seffie said...

Way cool, Carolyn! Great interview. It's looking - so far - like I picked a real winner! I'll chalk that up to my age and experience. Ha! Hope my hunch holds out during the season!
I'm a happy camper! You can interview anyone else you like now. He!He!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Seffie said...

Oh! I forgot. Love the pictures, too!
Do you do the interviews by phone or online? It rad like you two talked on the phone. Just curious...

7:55 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Thanks :)

Seffie - We talked for about 90 minutes this morning. He's a terrific guy.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Seffie said...

Well, I say with all the hard work you do with this blog, you should enjoy the benefits, like interviews, etc!

8:04 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

thanks :) i love doing the interviews. this one was a lot of fun.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again Carolyn!!! you know I did read somepalce where it did say Alex and his dad were close he used to coach him in Little League.. dont know why CBS would put such a big lie..ok now you have to fess up did you make fun of Johnny's New Yorker accent?? we all know the rest of the country makes fun of us New Yorkers when in fact its others who have the accent he he he..Love these interviews keep them coming

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a awesome interview! Nice job!!:)

8:32 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Biskit -
(unpublished by request)
lol... right!!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome interview Carolyn! I'm pretty sure Alex is gonna be one of my favorites!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Evel Girl said...

You know I always love your interviews! Good job!

Hi, my name is evelgirl, and I am a BB addict. I came to the blog this morning BEFORE I got my coffee. Now, that's saying something because very rarely do my eyes open before that first shot of caffeine :)

4:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope they know that in the information age when they make up stuff and bend it for "stortline" on a "reality" show they will get busted. the truth IS out there . . .

7:21 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

I hope he wasn't to over confident! I guess we'll know on Tueday, he'll either be a stand out or play it cool in the back drop!

I hope he's not too cocky, he sure is cute!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been a fan of the show since day one but Bottom of the Barrel 9 is going to fail miserably. The ratings are going to be the lowest ever, especially since it's going head to head against American Idol. Also, how can this one compare to the last Big Brother and the cast of Eric and the Donatos? Maybe I'll be wrong but I doubt it. Time will tell.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No accidental live feed footage yet eh? Maybe Monday on the run up to Tuesday evening . . . until the it's "SpaceShip TV ALL The Time!"

10:07 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

anon - negative, negative.
since you've been a fan for so long, you also know that absolutely every season without fail, there's a group of people who can never appreciate the new folks and give them a chance, but instead spend the first few weeks bemoaning the loss of the people from the season before - who they spent complaining about the 1st few weeks of that season...

givem a shot!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carolyn, I've been a big fan of ure blog since BB8 but I had a question for you and I don't really know how to contact you otherwise than just from here, so here we go. I am in a pickle. Been a big fan of this show for a nice amount of time (since BB4) and I have to admit I love the show but have never signed up for the live feeds (Blasphemy! I know but still..) I was wondering that you do such a great job with your spoilers and update on info in the house. So judging your work, would you think it suitable to watch the TV show and get my updates from you or do you really push for getting live feeds? I am a recent college graduate with no job and I know that if I get the live feeds, that I will most likely go for another 3 months without a job, lol! I also open this question to other readers of this blog only because it is always better to see the viewpoint from others. I thank you in advance and hope you enjoy what seems to be a great season!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Ry -
Thank you. While I can't and wont advise you financially and on your career path, in terms of Big Brother, I definitely think the feeds are the way to go...

Here's what Beth had to say about it:
"Without the live feeds, Big Brother is just like every other edited "reality" show on TV... but BB isn't just any reality show. You can see everyone 24/7, uncut, and actually REAL on the feeds! I didn't get them until BB8, and now I hate thinking about what I missed from 1-7!!!"

12:32 PM  
Blogger Seffie said...

Evelgirl, you are a riot! I have to say that I, too, am an addict. Although, up to this year, I have been a closet addict. I figured my husband would make fun of me because he HATES BB! But last year, at the tail end of the year, he found out I had the feeds. He was pretty unhappy with me for 'wasting' my time! He!HE! So I guess this year it's out in the open. But old habits die hard. I will probably still watch the feeds in 'secret.' LOL!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Seffie said...

Carolyn, if you will permit me to suggest other sites to go to coupled with this blog for ry...
If you are not comfortable with that, I understand. Just leave this portion of the comment out if you haven no problem with posting it...

ry, I understand your position. It shows maturity on your part, IMHO! I LOVE this blog and get a lot of great info here. The interviews are the BEST! There are other sites I visit as well to get a summary of events in the house during the times I don't watch the feeds. One is Mortystv.com. You can find a link to Big Brother and read detailed summaries. They usually update every 2 or 3 hours. Also, go to jokersupdates.com to get minute by minute updates. Meanwhile, maybe you could save a few pennies here and there and get the feeds for the last half of the season - about 6 weeks worth. Purchase the feeds 6 weeks before the end of the season. You would have 2 free trial weeks and then only one month to pay for - $15.00. (If I had to choose, I would opt to have feeds the last half of the season...) That way you won't feel as though you have spent too much, but will still get to see quite a bit. Next year you will hopefully be all settled and be able to afford the feeds for the whole season!
Hope that suggestion is helpful...

1:52 PM  
Blogger Evel Girl said...

Is it just me or does Johnny look a little like Adam Sandler?

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seffie and Carolyn~ Thank you very much for the advice. I have actually decided to say whatever and go for the live feeds! I am going to do the 14 days here for the first two weeks and make the decision to carry on from there or not. I will make sure to read up here and on the blogs you recommended Seffie since I can't be in front of the monitor 24/7, heheh. Only 46 more hours till BB9!

8:13 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Ry :)

Yayyyy! Excellent!
There are links for all the sites seffie mentioned in the sidebar of the blog. :)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Beth (and Eric) said...

Ry -- 14 days, and you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! ;)

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny received a priority audition at the BB10 casting call on 3/30.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home