LOOKING FOR BBDish, Season 10-15 and beyond??
Click Here to Get there ;)



BB9Dish is Watching - Are you?
Winner
Scroll Down to View the Most Recent Posts


COOL BB STUFF:
Big Brother 9 Auctions, BB9 Furniture
The Most STUNNING BB Alumni Pics You'll Ever See... by TheRealDeal
Adam on Ebay, Sheila on Ebay, Joshuah on eBay, Sharon on EBay
Natalie on EBay, Matty on EBay, Alex on Ebay, Amanda on Ebay
BB9Dish Quickie Poll Results, Awesome Pics from the Feeds!, BB9Dish Mugs, T-Shirts, Etc., , Big Brother DVDs,
Howie & Jerzeechik's All-Star Ebay Stuff, Cool BB9 T-Shirts & More, Big Brother 8 Stuff on Ebay
Big Brother All-Stars- Download it at iTunes



BB9Dish - Ya Gotta Have it!

The DishChicks are back and ready to blog Big Brother 9!!
At bb9dish, we cover the Big Brother Live Feeds, so much of what we write could be considered a spoiler for those who only watch the broadcast on CBS. Now, we don't understand why anyone would choose to do that, since it's like forming an opinion based on 1/10,000th of the information, and they could at least try the feeds for free, but what do we know?! Check bb9dish often for Updates, videos, pics, chops, opinions, etc. xoxo, C-n-C

Big Brother 9 is On!
Let the mind games begin!!

Google

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Exclusive Interview with BB8's Jessica Hughbanks

Happy Monday! It's hard to believe, but there are only 15 more days till Big Brother 9. Julie Chen's on Letterman tonight, and the rumors are going into overdrive. It's been widely reported that Janelle will be getting into the act this season, with an increased role in BB9, but no one has any details. We're digging to find out just what that role is, and we'll report on it when we get some confirmation. Hopefully later today...

After an unprecedented 6 interviews with Jessica Hughbanks' mother Marie last season, we thought it was high time we interviewed Jessica herself! We caught up with Big Brother 8's Jessica over the weekend, and found out she's gotta be the busiest girl in Kansas.

If you'd like to link to this interview, the direct url is:
http://bb9dish.blogspot.com/2008/01/exclusive-interview-with-bb8s-jessica.html


Carolyn: What's going on in your life now, Jessica?

Jessica: I just started back at WSU – Go SHOX! This is my senior year, so the classes are a little more intense for me. I can’t wait to graduate in Dec 2008, and my degree is in Communications.

Carolyn: I've noticed a few posts from you about a radio show...
Jess: Yeah! I am working partime/interning at 96.3FM radio station here in Wichita, and I absolutely love my job. We stream on the internet, so if you want to listen in sometime, I'm on Monday through Friday from 4-7PM.

Carolyn: Are you still dancing and cheering too?
Jess: I am on the Wichita Thunder Dance Team’s promotion team, and I'm on on the Wichita Wild’s Arena Football Dance/Cheer team. I am also a BUD Girl, a ring girl for MMA (HAVIC Prize Fighting Promotions), and will be working with the Models of Poker Tour.

Carolyn: Gracious, Jess. Your life seems like a whirlwind of activity.

Jess: My life was super busy with interviews and appearances for a few months after BB8, but once I got back in school, dancing, and working I feel like my life is back to normal.

Carolyn: I guess normal's a relative term. How do you blend your normal with the fame that comes along with being a Big Brother alum?

Jess: I do not consider myself "famous," although I am definitely recognized a lot more often now when I go out.

Carolyn: Last season on bb8dish, we really got to know your whole family. Your mom is the best! Can you give us a little update on your brother Dean? Is he home for good?

Jess: Dean has 2 more years on his enlistment, and he is currently stationed in 29 Palms, CA, and unfortunately his unit is scheduled for deployment to Afghanistan in April. I would really like to thank everyone for their prayers, the outpouring of love and support that was shown for Dean, Tucker, and all our troops!!

Carolyn: Speaking of love... At the end of the summer, you and Eric made a very public declaration of love to each other... all the more touching, because neither of you knew the other was doing it. Are you still an item? If so, how are you managing the long distance?

Jess: Eric and I still talk every single day. We have seen each other several times since BB8 ended, and we still have as much fun together as we did on the show. We are taking our relationship slow, because living in different parts of the country just makes it hard to really get too serious.

Carolyn: Hindsight being 20/20, what would you have done differently to get yourself further in Big Brother 8?

Jess: I would have voted Dick or Dani out earlier in the game to break up their alliance. In my opinion, allowing them to stay in the house together was everyone’s biggest mistake. I also would not have nominated Zach & would have tried to build a better relationship with him.

Carolyn: America's Player: You looked like you took it extremely well, all things considered. Can you please describe for us your initial reactions?

Jess: I was quite surprised when Julie made the announcement about America’s player, and Eric being it. It was A LOT to take in, and my head was spinning; basically I was just trying to figure out how the twist affected me in the game.

Carolyn: Who do you keep in touch with from your cast?
Jess: I stay in touch with Eric, Jen, and Zach the most. I have met up with Dustin & Jameka too.
Carolyn: Who's the most different outside the house?
Jess: For me, Jen is the most different – I never really trusted her in the house, so I did not get to know her very well, but now that I do know her, I love her.

Carolyn: Have you met a lot of your fellow BB Alumni?
Jess: I met Howie, Marcellus, Marvin, James, Kaysar, Erica and Chicken George, and they were all very nice to me. Unfortunately, I haven't yet had a chance to meet up with anyone else from previous seasons, but I hope to someday.

Carolyn: What was your favorite part about being on Big Brother?
Jess: My favorite part was the physical competitions – I love competing, and wish there had been more physical and endurance competitions.
Carolyn: Us too. Especially the endurance comps. As a live feed watcher, those are the BEST!

Carolyn: What was you least favorite part?
Jess: The boredom in the house was my least favorite part of being on the show.

Carolyn: What advice would you like to give to the new crew of houseguests who'll soon be sequestered for Big Brother 9?

Jess: Just be yourself. Don’t try to put on an act for the cameras. Think of some good games you can play to kill time – there is so much down time, with nothing to do! And most of all, FOLLOW YOUR OWN INSTINCTS!

Carolyn: Fast forward a few years to BB All-Stars 2. You get the call... what do you say?

Jess: Absolutely! I love the game & would love to try my luck again.

Labels:



Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Add to Technorati Faves
Click here to return to the top of the blog




12 Comments:

Blogger Evel Girl said...

Thanks! You are fantastic! Great questions.

5:27 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Thanks, EvelGirl. So are you. :)

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love her!

7:31 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

anon@5:34am
thanks :)

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview Carolyn! Wonderful questions! Thanks for sharing the interview.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job!! I learned from your interview all the things I have been wondering about. That Jessica sure is a little sweetie!

Hugs,

Heather

8:23 AM  
Blogger DisneyMom said...

Thank you for sharing this. I love hearing updates.

xo Stephanie

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another fantastic interview! Thanks Carolyn!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! i love reading your interviews. they are always great! and i love knowing what's going on with past bb houseguests!

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was CooL... and to think she & Jen are budz... awesome!

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great interview! I love Jess and rooted for her since day 1in bb8. It was great to hear what is going on in her life after bb8. Thanks girls for a wonderful interview!!!!

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great interview! i like jess, as we share the same name, but i am a Dani and Dick fan, so i am happy about the way things turned out. Dani played a smart game.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home