LOOKING FOR BBDish, Season 10-15 and beyond??
Click Here to Get there ;)



BB9Dish is Watching - Are you?
Winner
Scroll Down to View the Most Recent Posts


COOL BB STUFF:
Big Brother 9 Auctions, BB9 Furniture
The Most STUNNING BB Alumni Pics You'll Ever See... by TheRealDeal
Adam on Ebay, Sheila on Ebay, Joshuah on eBay, Sharon on EBay
Natalie on EBay, Matty on EBay, Alex on Ebay, Amanda on Ebay
BB9Dish Quickie Poll Results, Awesome Pics from the Feeds!, BB9Dish Mugs, T-Shirts, Etc., , Big Brother DVDs,
Howie & Jerzeechik's All-Star Ebay Stuff, Cool BB9 T-Shirts & More, Big Brother 8 Stuff on Ebay
Big Brother All-Stars- Download it at iTunes



BB9Dish - Ya Gotta Have it!

The DishChicks are back and ready to blog Big Brother 9!!
At bb9dish, we cover the Big Brother Live Feeds, so much of what we write could be considered a spoiler for those who only watch the broadcast on CBS. Now, we don't understand why anyone would choose to do that, since it's like forming an opinion based on 1/10,000th of the information, and they could at least try the feeds for free, but what do we know?! Check bb9dish often for Updates, videos, pics, chops, opinions, etc. xoxo, C-n-C

Big Brother 9 is On!
Let the mind games begin!!

Google

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rabekah: May her Memory Be for a Blessing

Many of you will recall Big Brother 6 & 7 Howie's godchild Rabekah from last season. She was stricken with cancer, and the reality community rallied behind her and her family to show their love and support. No one should ever have to eulogize a child, but today, we do just that. The following letter comes from the family:

March 11, 2008

It is with such heaviness we say to you, last night our sweet Rabekah left our sides and began her journey with the Lord. The tears and sorrow are left for us to bare but her soul sits high above smiling, dancing and painting colors for us all to see as a reminder of how much she loved in her precious life.

For so long our family has prayed for her Miracle when all along it was right in front of us. She was the Miracle. Of strength, hope, love and most of all of Light. Her struggle taught so many how to open themselves up to God and prayer. Her eyes carried such peace within them and those of us who were lucky enough to share that with her will forever hold that dear to our hearts. So many of us believed that the Miracle was her healing but now know it was and is within the lessons she has given to each one of us.

She was such a fighter and would want us to remember all the happiness life has to give and would want us to take the time and celebrate the fullness that we have, for her. When you see a rainbow you will see her and remember that all we need to know in life is how to love one another- Perfectly, just as she loved all of us. Thank you for allowing yourselves to be part of her life and ours and continue to rejoice in her name.

There will be an intimate Burial Service with Immediate Family and a Memorial Service at the Millennium in Newport Wednesday March 12 at Noon for anyone who wishes to pay respects.

In Lieu of Flowers and Baskets, we are asking for Donations to the Rabekah fund that will be taken to the PICU Unit at Eastern Maine Medical Center and given in her honor. On the day of Rabekah's diagnosis our family was unsure of where to turn and the staff embraced us all so graciously and turned our devastation into hope and hope into love. They allowed her to become the fine line between what is and what can be.

Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Add to Technorati Faves
Click here to return to the top of the blog




15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless sweet angel Rabekah. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to her family and loved ones.

5:40 AM  
Blogger doug said...

My heart goes out all of Bekah's family, and in particular Howie and Sonia for bringing this beautiful little girl into our lives last summer.

I think this fits perfectly..

"Gone Too Soon"

Like A Comet
Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky
Gone Too Soon

Like A Rainbow
Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye
Gone Too Soon

Shiny And Sparkly
And Splendidly Bright
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like The Loss Of Sunlight
On A Cloudy Afternoon
Gone Too Soon

Like A Castle
Built Upon A Sandy Beach
Gone Too Soon

Like A Perfect Flower
That Is Just Beyond Your Reach
Gone Too Soon

Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight
Here One Day
Gone One Night

Like A Sunset
Dying With The Rising Of The Moon
Gone Too Soon

Gone Too Soon


- Michael Jackson

6:04 AM  
Blogger **Lauren** said...

"..and, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun" - Shakespeare

God bless Rabekah.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

My deepest sympathy goes out to her loved ones. I think losing a child that young has got to be the worst thing ever.

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was very saddened to read about this. My thoughts, prayers, and love go out to Bekah's family. I will never forget her. I remember first reading about her story, and the Ebay auction fundraisers. I won the phone call from Nick for Bekah's cause, and was so glad I could contribute. It is with a heavy heart that I write this. Beautiful Bekah, you will be missed.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for their lost. I myself have just lost my mother to cancer at the beggain of Feb.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless her and their family.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to Bekah's family, I had no idea, I have Howie on my friend list but saw no bulletins posted. Thankyou so much for letting us know Carolyn, I will send them a message at their page now.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that gave me chills. as a mother myself, i can not imagine what her parents are going through. I just pray that they turn to the Lord in this time of hurt and sorry and let Him comfort them and give them peace.

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For her family,

These things are not for the human mind to understand. It is simply not possible.
There will always be pain but I PROMIISE IT WILL LESSEN WITH TIME.
God's promise is to never leave or forsake us, she is now safe in the arms of God who will never leave her, she is safe.

Today, I am crying with you, some day you will enjoy a summer day again.
May God keep and bless you!

It's okay to scream out why!!!! All my prayers will be with you and your for a long time to come.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you Howie
take good care of her family and yourself.
Wendy

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless sweet little Rabekah!! My thoughts and prayers are with Rabekah's family through this difficult time.

I have always loved this poem and wanted to share it...


"I'll lend to you for a little time,
A child of mine," God said,
"For you to love while she lives
And mourn for when she's dead."

"It may be six or seven years
Or twenty-two or three,
But will you till I call her back,
Take care of her for me?"

"She'll bring her charms to gladden you
And should her stay be brief,
You'll have these precious memories
To comfort you through grief."

"I cannot promise she will stay
Since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught down there
I want this child to learn."

"I've looked this world over,
In my search for teachers true.
In the crowds of this great land,
I have selected you."

"Now will you give her all your love
Not think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call
To take her back again?"

It seems to me I heard them say,
"Dear Lord, thy will be done.
For all the joys a child shall bring,
The risk of grief we'll run."

"We'll shelter her with tenderness,
We'll love her while we may,
And for the happiness we've known
Forever grateful stay."

"And should the angels call for her
Much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes
And try to understand."

© Edgar A. Guest

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is sad news. I donated a small amount hoping it would help the family. However, knowing that this little particular girl is no longer in pain and what a blessing she was to her family... she was a true gift to this world.

A parent should never have to bury a child... but it happens.

R.I.P. little Rabekah... you sweet soul.

"I AM NOT THERE

Do not stand at my grave and weep;

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry;

I am not there, I did not die."

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Rabekah and her family. God Bless.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Stephen Ritchie said...

This just breaks me heart... my thoughts, prayers and wishes are with them!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home