LOOKING FOR BBDish, Season 10-15 and beyond??
Click Here to Get there ;)



BB9Dish is Watching - Are you?
Winner
Scroll Down to View the Most Recent Posts


COOL BB STUFF:
Big Brother 9 Auctions, BB9 Furniture
The Most STUNNING BB Alumni Pics You'll Ever See... by TheRealDeal
Adam on Ebay, Sheila on Ebay, Joshuah on eBay, Sharon on EBay
Natalie on EBay, Matty on EBay, Alex on Ebay, Amanda on Ebay
BB9Dish Quickie Poll Results, Awesome Pics from the Feeds!, BB9Dish Mugs, T-Shirts, Etc., , Big Brother DVDs,
Howie & Jerzeechik's All-Star Ebay Stuff, Cool BB9 T-Shirts & More, Big Brother 8 Stuff on Ebay
Big Brother All-Stars- Download it at iTunes



BB9Dish - Ya Gotta Have it!

The DishChicks are back and ready to blog Big Brother 9!!
At bb9dish, we cover the Big Brother Live Feeds, so much of what we write could be considered a spoiler for those who only watch the broadcast on CBS. Now, we don't understand why anyone would choose to do that, since it's like forming an opinion based on 1/10,000th of the information, and they could at least try the feeds for free, but what do we know?! Check bb9dish often for Updates, videos, pics, chops, opinions, etc. xoxo, C-n-C

Big Brother 9 is On!
Let the mind games begin!!

Google

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Exclusive Interview with BB8's Zach

13 days left to the premiere of Big Brother 9!! We thought we'd take the opportunity to catch up with Zach from BB8's Final 3 while we still can. Give it a read and get up to speed with Zach's take on all things BB8 - including the accusations of cheating, Sweets, the integrity of the game, dolphincrash, and much more! Incidentally, Zach has a few auctions up on ebay right now, if you wanna check em out. Here's the link: Zach's ebay auctions.

If you'd like to link to this interview, the direct url to this interview is:
http://bb9dish.blogspot.com/2008/01/exclusive-interview-with-bb8s-zach.html


Carolyn: Zach, you made it as far as anyone can without actually winning. Now that you've had a few months outside the house to reflect, what specifically would you go back and change, to take it that final step, if you could?

    Zach: I wouldn't have changed anything to be honest. I was dealt a hand of two people in my alliance that couldn't keep their mouth's shut, i.e., Kail and Nick. lol. Since that, I had to play a different game and lay low, something I didn't anticipate at all, but that was the hand I was dealt. I think I played perfectly, in that by not playing when I was vulnerable, was the right play.

    Once I got on the block, that was the turning point when I had to step it up. The final six or so... After that I was on my own, as usual, but so was everyone else. The two things I thought about were: it would have been nice to trust the shady and sheisty car sales man ERIC lol, but i couldn't, and never could, and I knew that. I also would have loved to have squashed the differences of Jameka and myself. We could have had a great sleeper alliance.

    Danielle was feeding hate comments to Jameka that I said, and Eric was feeding hate comments to me of Jameka. I should have seen that ages ago in the game, but it didn't effect me too much.

    So as far as I am concerned, I played a great game. I did very well, and I got to the end. Who in the world knew there would be OPINION questions in the FINAL ROUND of a 3 month game that decided who would win 500K?! I find it extremely unprofessional and awful in a game play setting. Where was the creative team of CBS on that one? LOL...

Carolyn: I always wondered, at final 4, when you were praying with Jameka, and bonding with her on a spiritual level, was that real, or was that purely strategy - to get her vote in a final 2 situation?
    Zach: To be honest, I knew she would vote for me in the end, if i was up against either of those two. The Bonding was VERY REAL... I resented God in my life for many of the obstacles in my path, but she helped me see that the obstacles were a way of God letting me know which path to take. So for Jameka, she will always be special to me. She helped me resolve the differences I had with God, and helped me achieve clarity on so many issues I never had answers to, and here they were there all along :)

Carolyn: We heard you (and others) mention "Sweets" quite a lot during the season. Were you able to rekindle that romance once you got out of the house? Or have you moved on to a new woman in your life?
    Zach: Still sorting through the damage... all relationships have their rollercoasters, only time will tell. I'm very business focused and very selfish right now for time. I'm consumed with my dream to succeed. I call it financial vehicles. And right now I have a lot of vehicles to work with. So my emotional life is in stride, but since the show, Sweets and I have come to certain understandings that may provide a great future forward, unknown as of now.

Carolyn: Shortly after season 8 ended, I recall seeing accusations of cheating on your myspace page, as well as Jen's. Do you still believe this to be true? If so, please explain.
    Zach: I have no idea if it occurred to be honest, if it did, that's pretty shady. I had daatsus as a fan from jokers or whereever show me, and it bugged me a bit. but I would like to think the competitions were fair. I have no idea, I played a fair game. I guess that is a Karma thing for who ever at the gates of heaven... lol...

Carolyn: Did you ever broach the subject with Allison Grodner?
    Zach: No, I never approached Allison Grodner... I respect her for the job she has and the pressure she must maintain to try to keep things together. I think there were a LOT of things that should have been less intrusive, but I think the show was a learning experience for Allison as well as all of us. It's hard to bite your tongue on certain issues. Mind you, we are in a game environment and anyone can always object & leave. But I think the integrity of Big Brother was without a doubt compromised, and the mentality of BB8 will NEVER be tolerated again. That's my take.

Carolyn: Can you be a bit more specific?
    Zach: Umm... I think Dick's behavior to Jen and other house guests were grounds for dismissal or a penalty nomination. Jen went thru much damage, and if I wasn't in a game setting, I would have stepped up on her defense and took his head off.

    I think the DR (Diary Room) asks questions that you have to be evasive on and make sure to stay on track in the game setting. But overall the DR does a good job. I thought it was ridiculous that Dick and Dani got more DR sessions and air time than all other 12 house guests combined. lol. But human error is a part of a game. Nobody is perfect and the BB8 production staff performed quite well. There is a lot more going on than people realize, and they deserve due credit, that production crew works extremely hard.

Carolyn: How long did it take you to re-adjust to life outside the Big Brother house?
    Zach: For me about 2 months. I was inside that house for 76 days... so a little more than 2 and 1/2 months was like WHOA!!! lol. But for me, it was great to see my close friends, and family, go to the beach, exhale a lot, expand my mind, get back in the swing of things, uncover unlocked doors, open new ones, and meet intelligent and inspiring people along the way. Being cooped up really expanded my mental strength: toughened me up a lot on how to handle many situations.

    Physically, showed me that I can do anything, after being on that bunny hop for 9 hours, and I could have honestly gone on for many hours more. I was in a zone... But for me, the big thing was the people, the supporters and the intelligence that encompassed that. Everyone I have met along the way outside the house has been extremely receptive and helpful. My dreams of underwater photography and a surf label are taking form, and I work about 14 hr days around the clock to get as much accomplished as possible. Ever listen to the song "Wear Sunscreen" by Baz Luhrman? If not, download it or find it and listen to it at least once a day. It changes my life everyday.

Carolyn: So, what's going on in your life now?
    Zach: Right now, I have been full steam ahead on www.dolphincrash.com. Getting ready for the MAGIC show in Vegas, along with my marketing team "Driven". I am doing a cameo in Orange County, Ca this week, A BIG FASHION show at Mike Malin's aka Boogie's Les Deux on the 21st of Feb. Mike Dutz will be in my show, along with other models.

    I will be doing the LA Boat Show, another fashion show at the Santa Monica Pier June 1st and 2nd. I will be doing the LA Grand Prix in long beach ca in april, along with the AVP Vollyball tour in manhattan beach in May/June, Huntington Beach ProAm surf tour in June, a tennis celebrity benefit in San Fran in march, a golf benefit in Palm Desert in late march, and end with a regatta in the Caribbean in August. We're trying to get the dolphincrash symbol on one of the sails.

    I am doing everything and am everywhere, there is no DULL moment for me nowadays. So between doing all these events, traveling, and getting the product into stores, that is my life, not to mention nursing a ankle surgery over the holiday, so I'm doing my best.

    I will have swimwear available in late march on the website and in stores, and will debut the bikini and boardshort line at Les Deux.

    I encourage any supporters to get on the website www.dolphincrash.com and pick up an item, and just since you, Carolyn, have been so nice to letting me be a part of your spot, use bb9dish in the coupon's area on the checkout of my site to recieve 10% off the entire order at dolphincrash.com: Offer expires 3/19/08.

    Oh yeah. I'm still trying to make Kail's event in Rainbow in a few weeks, also. :)

Carolyn: Has your life changed since being on the show, as a result of "fame"?
    Zach: I'm just a normal guy, and I approach anyone who approaches me with open arms. I have received some great dinners from local places in Tallahassee, like Po Boys and Barnacle Bills... Done some really fun charity events, and made some extra money in places I never thought, but I'm grateful for everything and the love of my fan base and my family.

Carolyn: How's DolphinCrash coming along? Which stores can we buy the shirts in?
    Zach: Dolphincrash.com and Dolphincrash is full steam. As of now, there are a few stores in Tallahassee and Southern California, but MAGIC is the big show in Vegas to get things rolling.
    I'm trying hard to get the bikini's and board shorts ready, so thats my focus for the moment. Experimenting with different micro fabrics, nylons, spandex, elastics, etc. - that's the fun part.

    Hopefully whoever reads this might have a few ideas for stores in their areas, if so send me some ideas to dolphincrash@gmail.com. I have sold Artwork to restaurants, businesses, law offices, tanning salons, hari salons, private homes, and galleries. So the art is going, but I would love to get the art out in your area for sure, so if there are any people into really nice high resolution aquatic and sunset images, hand mounted on wood with a laquer finish, then you have found the right stuff. Plus these images are HUGE in size.

    So between the processing of the art and the clothing getting made, I'm slammed. I have a myspace at www.myspace.com/dolphincrash or a bb8 fansite at www.myspace.com/zackbb8 You can still buy all the dolphincrash gear online at dolphincrash.com.


Carolyn: And don't forget to enter bb9dish at checkout to get your discount! :)


Carolyn: Who do you maintain relationships with from your cast?
    Zach: I tried to keep in touch with Nick and Jen, though they are distant, but were all very busy so I can understand that. I talk with Jessica, Mike, and Dustin, actually. And I hang out with Mike often. I have no idea where Jen and Nick are, but I'm sure they will get back with me when they have time. Who knows? lol. As for Kail, I will be seeing her, hopefully, at her event in Rainbow. I'm trying to fit it into my schedule. :)


Carolyn: What was your favorite part about being on Big Brother?
    Zach: Being the bunny for laughs, and without a doubt, making fun of Dick on that (final endurance comp) Bunny Hop and winning that was awesome... to kick his ass on that, not to mention, that was for laughs too. Dick, where ever you are, and for Howie "I've got spider man tattoos on my back." LOL


Carolyn: (scratches head) And your least favorite part?
    Zach: Dumping the funk for 24 hours ARGH!!!


Carolyn: Biggest regret?
    Zach: Trusting Nick in the game, and not trusting what Jen said.


Carolyn: What words of advice would you like to give to the new crew of houseguests?
    Zach: Bite your tongue on issues that don't concern you, and be extremely adaptive. Be able to adjust to any situation and pick your battles. The game is like chess, you have to know when to take pieces and when to let pieces get taken. Its all about the end-game, it's not a week to week thing. Think long term. :)


Carolyn: Inevitably, there will be a BB-AllStars 2. As of this moment, Would you do it again?
    Zach: As of any moment, I would greatly appreciate a shot in Big Brother All-Stars 2. I loved the show, to be honest. It was a great gaming experience. If there is voting for it, vote me into that BB allstars house. I would love to be challenged more than ever in an environment that not only I have been in, but all others have as well. It's a whole new ball of wax.

    I thought BB8 was the ultimate gaming experience. All-Stars obviously would be the ultimate ultimate experience. Granted I was the only one to hand it to DICK twice in both HOH Comps. Getting lucky on one question to win 500k won't happen again. LOL. But yes, I would definitely do BB All-Stars, and to be perfectly honest, if Dick did it, I might even team up with him. lol. Granted, his strategy would NEVER work again. BUT Again I would love it...

Labels:



Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Add to Technorati Faves
Click here to return to the top of the blog




25 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Petrelli said...

Thank you so much for the interview. Zach is a great guy=)

8:15 AM  
Blogger Beth (and Eric) said...

GREAT INTERVIEW! Thank you Carolyn! We are all different people. So, you may think that Zach is a tool... you don't have to sit at his lunch table! ;)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Beth (and Eric) said...

More thoughts:

--There are pictures of Zach & Sweets with Eric & Jessica in her MySpace and facebook pictures! "Sweets" is how Jess labels those pics. :)

--Zach was very well-spoken in that interview... (don't know why I noticed that?)

--He seemed to be a somewhat of a good sport about the cheating accusations. He could have been a lot more bitter.


I'm surprisingly impressed by this interview! Thanks again! :)

Can't wait for Feb 12th!!!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great interview! I'm glad things are going good for him and Dolphin Crash. Love the shots Jen did for his clothing line.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I think Zach is still a tool also. Seems the nerd herders are still jealous and bitter sore losers just like the herders in BB 5 &6. I am so glad Dick and Danielle won woo hoo!!!!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Seffie said...

anonymous, jeannie -
I don't think I'd be putting Zach into a category like that. My 16 year old daughter is one of the best liked girls in her high school and she LOVED Zach! People forget that we don't see the whole, real person even if we have the live feeds. Oh, we get a better idea from watching the feeds, but the HG's are still on guard and self conscious to one degree or another with all the cameras around 24/7. How could they not be?

10:02 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

seffie - you should see the comments that aren't getting published.
yikes.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Cambik said...

I personally thought that was an excellent Interview. I may not have liked Zach much during the show however I know that is not the real person (in most cases) as they have to Lie a lot to make it in the game. I mean come on it is only a game.

Thanks for the great work you are doing Carolyn. I really hope the rude post don't last this season like they did last year.

10:28 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

thanks, cambik. me too.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zach played a different game in his mind than the one that really happened ...

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should get an interview with Kali!!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Interview. Thanks so much! Is there maybe an Evil Dick interview in the near future? (she hopes)

I liked Zach. I felt sorry for him and the way the other houseguests talked about him. I guess I didn't see all the things that made people think he was a "tool".

I am glad D&D won though! :-)

11:24 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

thanks, katie. :)
(she hopes too)
(really, really a lot)

11:36 AM  
Blogger ReporterX said...

I will try to be nice... not a Zach fan here either...I agree with Anonymous who said..."Zach played a different game in his mind than the one that really happened ..."

All I could think reading that was is that really what he thinks happened? Does he not know how he came off on the show and how he has come off in interviews?

I don't wish him or any other contestant ill will and wish them the best in the future but offer advice to him and the new house guests coming in...you don't ever come off to America like you think are or in his case did..

Thanks for the interview...
(I still don't like him.)

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy is delusional.

Did it hurt your head to interview him?

12:50 PM  
Blogger Evel Girl said...

You ask the best questions! I was not a big fan of Zach's but it is good to hear things are going well for him.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Biskit said...

AWESOME interview!!

On his OPINIONS of the show...I say "excuses, excuses, excuses" and you know what they say about those! :)

But, it is good to hear that the Shrek has moved on and his business ventures are taking flight.

Awesome job once again Carolyn!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn, Great job with the Zach interview... But Zach... blah blah blah.
I tend to root for the underdog in most situations, but I could not seem to get behind Zach. Zach's pride prevents him from seeing the truth, IMHO. He did and said a lot of things in the house that were creepy and uncomfortable to watch. No one is perfect, but Zach should take the responsibility for his loss. Pretending that his not fitting in with anyone was strategy gives me a full belly laugh... he is delusional!
Best wishes anyway...

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The accusations of cheating were when Zach tried to bribe Jameka. About 15 minutes after reading his Dad's letter to "finish with honor", he went downstairs and requested that Jameka share any prize money with him not to put her on the block. Shortly after, BB called him in, and he had to apologize to her. It's all on youtube. Why would Dick cheat off of Zach? HIS ANSWERS WERE WRONG! Furthermore, Dick knew Zach knew nothing about the other HG since he creeped them all out. -Beth (JaniTholeMyDolly on Sucks)
PS: Carolyn you did a great interview, and all he offered you was 10% off with a time limit to use it? He couldn't even ante up a free shirt for all the publicity you gave his site? Come on!

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To anonymous with the 10 year old daughter~~~~~~~ I liked Zach from the beginning as did my 17 year old and even felt sorry for Zach when no one bothered with him. But when it got down the the last four and he was up in the HOH going on and on by himself and with Jameka he became a twit and we were glad he got the boot. LOL and now he still insists that Dick cheated at the end haha yeah sure he is being his real self outside the house. Oh Carolyn please post the other comments lol.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are there any plans for a Jen & Nick interview? Now that would be Great!! ;)

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops my last comment was to seffe with the 16 year old daughter not the 10 year old.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Seffie said...

jeannie,
I have to agree with you there. Zach did start to loose me at that point. Still, my point was that people can sometimes say things that are way to harsh. I try to keep my gripes with game play and not criticize a person's features, etc. I have been in some BB chatrooms where all the chatters do is call the HG's names. Totally unnecessary!!
That's one of the reasons I like this blog. Either people are kinder or Carolyn screens the mean stuff and I don't have to read it in the4 first place! :)

12:38 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

seffie - it's a bit of both

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the greatest Carolyn. Thanks for all the hard work. Looking forward to BB-9 -- See ya there.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home