LOOKING FOR BBDish, Season 10-15 and beyond??
Click Here to Get there ;)



BB9Dish is Watching - Are you?
Winner
Scroll Down to View the Most Recent Posts


COOL BB STUFF:
Big Brother 9 Auctions, BB9 Furniture
The Most STUNNING BB Alumni Pics You'll Ever See... by TheRealDeal
Adam on Ebay, Sheila on Ebay, Joshuah on eBay, Sharon on EBay
Natalie on EBay, Matty on EBay, Alex on Ebay, Amanda on Ebay
BB9Dish Quickie Poll Results, Awesome Pics from the Feeds!, BB9Dish Mugs, T-Shirts, Etc., , Big Brother DVDs,
Howie & Jerzeechik's All-Star Ebay Stuff, Cool BB9 T-Shirts & More, Big Brother 8 Stuff on Ebay
Big Brother All-Stars- Download it at iTunes



BB9Dish - Ya Gotta Have it!

The DishChicks are back and ready to blog Big Brother 9!!
At bb9dish, we cover the Big Brother Live Feeds, so much of what we write could be considered a spoiler for those who only watch the broadcast on CBS. Now, we don't understand why anyone would choose to do that, since it's like forming an opinion based on 1/10,000th of the information, and they could at least try the feeds for free, but what do we know?! Check bb9dish often for Updates, videos, pics, chops, opinions, etc. xoxo, C-n-C

Big Brother 9 is On!
Let the mind games begin!!

Google

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Big Brother 9 May Come Early

Oh dear lord.

If I'm being honest, that is my gut reaction to Big Brother starting early.

Reaction number 2?

Oh Boy!!!! Yayyyy!!! Yipppeeeee! Thanks for the heads up, Mo!

Reaction #3?

I'd really like to see the striking writers get what they want, and this isn't going to help them. :( Honestly, I'm a little disappointed, but I understand that CBS has to have new programming, and I don't begrudge AGP/Endemol from making a living either.

What am I going on about? Here's the article from Daily Variety:

CBS leans on 'Brother' during strike
Reality show staffing up for early launch
By JOSEF ADALIAN of Daily Variety

CBS may rely on its "Big Brother" as a strike contingency.

Skein, usually a summer staple, has started staffing up for an in-season run that could be on the air as soon as February, people familiar with the situation said.

Indeed, in anticipation of a strike, Eye quietly began casting for the next edition of the show a few weeks ago.

Exec producer Allison Grodner is also said to be working on a new creative twist for the Julie Chen-hosted skein, in which a group of strangers live together in a house for three months.

There's been buzz that the next edition of "Big Brother" might actually use celebrities, as opposed to ordinary people. A long strike might work in favor of such a plan, since some celebs normally busy working on sitcoms and dramas might have some time on their hands.

Possibility of an early "Big Brother" popped up on Tuesday's edition of the Eye's "Early Show." Anchor Hanna Storm joked that the show might be back sooner than the summer, prompting a roll of the eyes from Chen. Chen then expressed her hope that the strike is settled soon.

"Big Brother" would be a perfect strike weapon for CBS because it airs three times a week, filling three key hours of primetime.

Eye execs declined to comment.

Endemol USA and Allison Grodner Prods. produce "Big Brother."

Daily Variety

Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Add to Technorati Faves
Click here to return to the top of the blog




25 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel torn about a season so early. I'd be really excited to watch but what would happen to the summer season? Would they just not have one?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Cliff O'Neill said...

My reactions were about the same.

I don't know if I could handle a round-the-clock deal that BB would entail when other stuff would be on.

And, celebs? Well, whatever. I don't watch things like The Surreal Life and really hated that I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here thing.

I mean, wherever are they going to go to get people of the caliber of George Hamilton's ex wife, Jennifer Lopez' first husband and David "I'm Not Gay" Guest?

4:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A early BB!! Still coming "down" after Big Donato 8! Oh well, bring it on..always ready for BB

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya Carolyn, long time no hear lol, I miss coming to the blog. Oh this would be fun, I hope they do it early. Thankyou for letting us know. Have a great night everyone.

5:07 PM  
Blogger Beth (and Eric) said...

I don't mind if it's early... I'll get my body ready, but CELEBRITIES?! Really? Boo on that. :)

5:59 PM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

apparently SAG is due for a strike come january, so the actors are probably a no go - unless they can sequester them before the strike starts. ;)

6:09 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Well I for one would love it! I'm excited, LOL!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Thelma Farrow said...

DO I DARE HOPE........
OH HOW I HOPE IT COMES ON!!!
CAN'T WAIT!!!!

6:35 PM  
Blogger ReporterX said...

Yikes..I turned in an audition tape..LOL

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Evel Girl said...

I am sooo ready. Exciting!

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it would be fun to have a mix of real people and A-list celebrities!

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love for Big Brother to come back early!!! I was soo hooked. Not sure about the celebs thou.. That would be too much like surreal life. They need to keep it real people!! Can't wait to see what happens.

7:05 AM  
Blogger Amber Eaton said...

Wow... I was just thinking how I missed BB and this blog. I do support the writers, but I am a BB junkie and that will never change. I say bring it on!!

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As much as I am going to be missing my other shows (let's hope this gets settled for the writers!) I am VERY excited that BB may possibly in the winter!!! Oh JOY!!! But... they would definately need to do one in the summer too!!! Carolyn.. the question is... ARE YOU READY!!!!!

7:34 AM  
Blogger itybitymom said...

i would love a winter one. but i would miss it soo much during the summer time also. iam such a hudge bb fan i would love it. i just hope they did it in the summer also. the show would run feb throgh may. get the house redone in 2 months and start again in july. so it couild work.
either way yea i hope bb will be on instead of reruns of past shows.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh WOW! If I mentioned this to my husband I would be thrown out!

BB and the heat of the summer just go together. Its a mood. The long daysssss, the warm nights...... HUmn, just wouldnt be the same.
and Celebs! HELL NO! All the crying about wanting out of there......no no. I hope CBS does not ruin BB this way.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Shana May said...

I'm all game, as long as I get my summer BB too!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Monika Fabian said...

On second though, Carolyn, folks may gravitate to the feeds especially if they're stuck inside because of the cold, what with it being winter and all... Who knows...

Expect the unexpected... =)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait. I love BB

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big Brother 9 Confirmed
By Sysop
November 9, 2007

In a conversation today with Robyn Kass of Kassting Inc the primary casting agency for Big Brother, it was confirmed that Big Brother will commence in February.

They are very busy at casting the show as I write this and Robyn asked me to pass on the word to get your applications in or contact her at her website, http://kasstinginc.com/ .

I asked Robyn during our conversation if the Big Brother rumors were speculation or was there a basis in fact? Robyn replied "We are casting with the thought in mind that the house guests would move into the house during the first week of February.

I can not quote on the following, but my feelings are it will be a normal Big Brother, not a Celebrity Big Brother and it is a strong possiblility that the summer Big Brother will also take place.

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love BB and another season would be great, as long as they run a summer one too. Now, Should BB come on early, I fear I may be in serious trouble! Hubby is just now recovering from my summer season.

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

=( this messes up the usual big brother tradition
i feel iffy
-annette

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cbs is showing commercials for people to apply for BB. yeah! i think a winter one would be great but i'd sure miss it in the summer too. and i hope that they have left the celeb idea in the sand. i don't think it would be great at all.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Seffie said...

I saw a commercial this Thursday, Nov 15th, of BB looking for HG's. Maybe that is confirmation that BB9 will air in the spring. If it does, it better end by the end of May. I am going over-seas the beginning of June and I would hate to get involved in the show, only to miss the end of the season!!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home